Hi! I’m Leanne – pastry chef, bookworm, gamer nerd, and amateur photographer. I never thought I’d make a book blog and actually start posting (non)reviews about books. A pastry blog, sure. A photography blog, definitely. But a book blog? OH goodness no, that’s too intimidating. However, after frequenting my internet BFF Kelley’s book blog, reading through her entire backlog, and at least 80% of the comments on the posts, I realized this community is just too good not to get into. I mean have you SEEN how many awesome people are in the book blogosphere? Pretty much tons of them. I’ve been a bookworm for nearly all my life (I was reading at age 3, with fake plastic lens-less glasses) and always loved talking about books with other people that also love books. I love discussing book-related things, and talking about food that’s in books, and how I wish I could hug certain characters or knock sense into others. I love discovering new authors, and collecting their beautiful phrases like shiny pieces of candy in a display dish.
Other things I like, bookish and not:
- Secondhand or used bookstores, especially locally owned and operated
- Farmer’s markets
- Candy stores and pastry shops
- My fuzzy little thundercloud Nimbus
- Bacon and hazelnuts (as separate things, but I totally would eat them together)
- My Asahi Pentax 35mm film camera (yes those things still function) from the 19FIFTIES!
- Aqua, teal, and grey